Bree is My Bling Bling

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Edamame


I was craving for some Japanese food today. After picking up Bree from school, we stopped by Kabuki restaurant in Burbank. I was craving for unagi-avocado sushi and some Edamame. Bree and I just love them! Edamame is a green bean vegetable more commonly known as a soybean, harvested at the peak of ripening right before it reaches the "hardening" time. The word Edamame means "Beans on Branches," and it grows in clusters on bushy branches. And as you can see in the picture, it's perfect with beer.

It is so much fun eating edamames. And there are different ways to enjoy them. Bree pops open the pod and shoots the beans into her mouth. While my eating technique is to put the bulky portion of the pod inside my mouth and squeeze it using my tongue and upper teeth.

You should have seen us eating them, just like how you would eat peanuts at a Dodger game, or popcorn at the movies. YOU CAN'T EAT JUST ONE.

p.s. They are a healthy snack, too. Low in fat and cholesterol. But high in fiber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home