Bree is My Bling Bling

Monday, August 22, 2005

BSA or QA

I am in a crossroad in my life with regards to my career. I am currently a Business Systems Analyst in the IT Dept. But have also dabbled in QA'ing software development, mostly VB applications. Actually, i have accepted this QA position about a year ago, but our BSA dept is shorthanded, so they could not just let me go.

But now, we have a new Network Manager, who would be my boss if i were truly in the QA dept. This guys has big plans for our network, primarily converting to Windows 2003. I had a meeting with him on Friday and he said he needs a solid QA dept for that undertaking, and he wanted to know if i'm "in or out." (we currently have just one QA person, i would be the second one).

I think i want to be "in" on this project. I did tell him that earlier today. Now, he's gonna have to convince our CIO to release me from the Analysis dept, so i can fully focus on Quality Assurance validation and migration.

Now, i have to check www.salary.com and see how much i could make.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home